At Orkin, our purpose is to help protect the world where we live, work and play.
Our Human Resource Generalist is committed to this purpose.
As the Orkin Human Resource Generalist, you will report to one of the Orkin Human Resources leaders based in Atlanta. You will work closely with all 6 Orkin Human Resources leaders to develop a full understanding of their business and needs. This position is responsible, but not limited to, being a point of contact for employees regarding questions relating to Human Resources (HR) policies, programs, and practices. This position will also assist with resolving issues and will take a lead role with data auditing and integrity. Experience working in an HR shared services model is ideal. The successful candidate should also have a strong organizational skill with a high attention to detail, outstanding time management and communication skills, a commitment to exceptional customer support, and the ability to build relationships at every level of the organization.
The Successful Candidate Will . . .
- Assist employees to resolve issues regarding benefits, compensation, and some employee relations by providing needed information or escalating concerns in accordance with defined processes.
- Maintain appropriate level of process, program, and policy knowledge in order to assist employees.
- Provide continuous feedback to peers, management, and partners about trends, processes, and opportunities for improvement.
- Provide operating procedures and online file creation and maintenance as needed.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Conduct exit interviews and analyze exit survey data to identify trends for business leaders to take action on.
- Participates in administrative meetings and training sessions as needed.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Assist with all internal and external HR related matters.
- Participate in developing organizational guidelines and procedures.
- Recommend strategies to motivate employees.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports as needed.
- Keep up to date with the latest HR trends and best practice.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: concise, articulate and confident
- Outstanding listening skills with ability to navigate and consult with employees through personal and sometimes difficult circumstances.
- Ability to diagnose a problem and lead correction efforts through effective communication and efficient execution.
- Drives results and is solutions oriented.
- Outstanding project management skills including ownership over planning, tracking and communicating project status/results.
- Exceptional time management, organizational, prioritization and follow-up skills.
- Places high priority on data integrity and security, confidentiality.
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs.
- Experience with employment laws and practices.
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, maternity & life Insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match, employee stock purchase plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
- Employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, dependent scholarship awards and much more!
- Founded in 1901, Orkin is a global residential and business service provider who provides the most accurate, comprehensive, and efficient pest management services for both residential and commercial customers
- As the industry leader, we value PEOPLE, PROGRESS and PROFESSIONALISM
- The Pest Management Industry is growing – and is a recession resistant line of business
- Orkin is financially stable and growing as the largest subsidiary of Rollins, Inc.,(NYSE: ROL), headquartered in Atlanta, GA
Are you ready to take your CAREER to the next level?
We require the ability to pass a drug screen and background check. Candidates must meet job requirements and perform the job duties with or without accommodations.
3 - 5
Category: Human Resources