Canine Handler Technician
At Orkin, our purpose is to help protect the world where we live, work and play.
Our Detection Canine Handlers are committed to this purpose.
Our Detection Canine Handlers are full-time with benefits, a company vehicle, fully paid training, competitive wages and opportunity for career growth.
If you have experience in industries involving Animal Behavior, Animal Handling or enjoy working with animals, consider an amazing career with a financially stable, successful and growing company.
The successful Canine Handler Candidate will possess the following abilities and will be responsible for:
- Exhibit exemplary customer service
- Work with, care for, and maintain the training of a bed bug dog to perform inspections of commercial and residential customers’ facilities
- Direct the dog in the performance of the bed bug inspections resulting in the sale of leading Orkin brand services
- Explain the inspection process to the customer, and ensure the customer’s understanding of that process
- Conduct canine bed bug demonstrations for potential clients
- Maintain current standard of canine training to ensure effective detection of the presence of bed bugs
- Ensure the dog is well groomed, well trained, and public-ready during all inspections
- Care for the dog during off work hours, to include but not be limited to feeding, maintenance training, grooming, exercising, and regular well visits to the veterinarian to keep the dog healthy, safe, and well cared for
Serve as a key member of our Sales team!
- Competitive base pay plus commission
- Company vehicle and gas card upon assignment of territory
- Market leading software including a company provided iPhone and iPad
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, maternity, & life insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match, employee stock purchase plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
- Employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, dependent scholarship awards
- Quality, comprehensive paid training programs as the industry leader
- Founded in 1901, Orkin is a global residential and business service provider who provides the most accurate, comprehensive, and efficient pest management services for both residential and commercial customers
- As the industry leader, we value PEOPLE, PROGRESS and PROFESSIONALISM
- The Pest Management Industry is growing – and is a recession resistant line of business
- Orkin is financially stable and growing as the largest subsidiary of Rollins, Inc., (NYSE: ROL), headquartered in Atlanta, GA
Are you ready to take your CAREER to the next level?
- We require a good driving record and the ability to pass a drug screen.
- Candidates must live within the area of service and have the ability to travel within the area.
- Must have or have the ability to obtain within 90 days of employment, any other necessary business relevant licenses
- Candidates must meet physical job requirements and safely perform the following job duties with or without accommodations:
- Safely use a ladder within the manufacturer's weight capacity
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Safely access crawl spaces, attics, confined spaces, roof tops, etc.
- Ability to work in all types of weather conditions
Additional context: sales, detection canine, commission, inspector, account manager, sales representative, dog
1 - 2